Weight Loss

Saturday, February 19, 2011

SAT WEIGH IN DAY

We actually weigh in every day, but Saturday is our day to record it with cash. We have a jar on the cupboard where we put in $1 for every pound we lose, and when we are finished, we will give each of our grandchildren that amount. It is not really about the money but a way of saying, we are getting healthier so we can be around to enjoy them all for a long time.

Well, today the can did not grow, as we have not lost over the last week. Oh we have, but also gained it back. We have not been doing our pure protein days and we have eaten out a bit too much. We were in Medicine Hat for a couple of days and we did stick pretty good as far as having protein and vegetables but no guarantee that they were not cooked in oil etc. We did stay away from anything that converts into sugar in our systems but we ate a lot of salty things too.
We had a free voucher for the buffet breakfast and I had scrambled eggs, a couple of sausage and 4 slices of bacon. I chose these as everything else was fruit, bread, or potatoes. About half way through , I felt really sick, the grease was just not something I was used to so I left half of it.
Then yesterday, while babysitting the twins, we ate buns, pretzels (easy bake oven treats of Mya's) and one cookie. We did not have to falter, as I had brought cottage cheese and low fat ham but I think winter weakness just set in and we did not bother to eat properly..... Needless to say, these were not large deviations but enough to not have any losses. We certainly could have done much worse by eating chocolate, or other things that cause us to crave more.
We will wipe the slate clean and today, back to eating what we are allowed and I will do 2 days of Pure Protein to kick start my system. Better days ahead.
Did I blame the snow, cold and long winter on our missteps, well it deserves it....Spring can not be far now....can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment